Libertarian State Leadership Alliance
Libertarian State Leadership Alliance
Meeting Minutes 06.23.2016
Call to Order: 1735 PST
● John Wilford
● George Phillies
● David Traynor
● Stewart Flood
Discussion of Minutes from 06.09.2016
George Phillies: Motion to Approve
2nd Stuart Flood
No objections, minutes approved
Election of Secretary
Only 1 applicant per online form. David Traynor.
Question of whether others are known to be interested in position posed to floor.
Chair brings to a vote:
David Traynor receives 3
NOTA receives 0
David Traynor is elected Secretary
A recording will be provided to David Traynor from the Chair in order to finish minutes.
Question is raised whether anyone is present from one of several ongoing IT Projects in order to give a report.
Jake Porter communicated with George Phillies several days ago about “Bringing things up”.
Need to send information on Bylaws and Current officers to Jake Porter.
Modified bylaws not currently on website.
John Wilford notices an error on the officers Webpage. Semi-transparent copy of welcome page located in footer.
Webpage currently holds 2012 Bylaws.
Secretary will email updated list and bylaws to Jake Porter.
Terms and Privacy statement needs to be investigated as to whether it’s applicable.
Standard Boiler Plate. Terms to be reviewed prior to next meeting.
Banking and Finance
No treasurer present to give report.
George Phillies suggested it would be good to have radio buttons for items we are doing. IT Support, Candidate Support, etc
Shall bring to Jake when contacted on other items.
Outreach for material to put on website has begun
● Brian Holtz has large archive that he is willing to let LSLA use
● Lpedia website material could be usefully moved to LSLA, and discussion will be had at next face to face LNC.
○ Robert Kraus implied that we move to take lpedia over.
○ Stewart will discuss with Robert
Question raised about members with proficiency in modern Wiki software.
● John Wilford has proficiency
● Where do we put lpedia site?
Can host on our own godaddy
Lpedia is currently hosted on 2nd web server of LNC
LSLA is hosted by GoDaddy
● Cheapest/current hosting package
○ Physical Memory 512mb
○ 1 CPU core
○ 1024io(speed at which website can send and receive info from hard disk.)
○ 250000 files
○ Entry Process = 100
● Level 2 costs $2 per month
○ Doubles Physical Memory
○ Total of 2 CPU cores
● Level 3 costs $4 per month
○ Quadruples physical memory
○ Doubles CPU
○ Doubles IO
○ 150 Entry Processors
Point of clarification:
Entry processes are tied to number of people accessing page at same time.
LSLA current cost for hosting is approx $80/yr
There is a desire to move away from Go Daddy.
● John Wilford: would throw away what was paid for and move to a new host if it was personal website.
● Ask Web Committee if they want it moved?
● Stewart will communicate with the IT Committee on these matters.
Can host our mailing list elsewhere.
● Could cost $2-4/month
○ Motion to approve up to $75/yr on hosting mailing list. Hyper mail site.
● No objection/Motion Passes
● Stewart is tasked with making a decision independently
Talking with treasurer about bank accounts.
● Shall be moving to different bank for convenience
○ Online Bank account
■ Bank of the Internet is top candidate
Need to update PayPal account
● Current name on PayPal is Amy Love from AL.
○ Need to update business account but need documentation to show change of ownership
■ Minutes of meeting?
■ Banking documents?
○ Need it connected to new bank account.
○ George Phillies suggests moving money from PayPal to bank, and then open new PayPal and Bank. Create new links.
■ Will forward to treasurer and IT for insight.
Aside: Looking at $6547 in total between bank account and paypal.
Chair needs access to dropbox with all files in it.
● Advise that we use a business level dropbox/storage account
We need to change passwords on PayPal and Bank Accounts
● General favor, chair will forward to treasurer.
○ Passwords are updated
Ask LP National to set up old address as forwarding address??
Good of the Order
LSLA event in 2017?
George Phillies committed to an attempt to organize an LSLA event in New England
Stewart to investigate train stations
June would be ideal. Not too hot and humid. Less competition with vacations
● At front end or back end of Porcfest??
○ Could we miss too many with long committment?
■ Can we hold at Porcfest?
● No suitable facilities…
George Phillies will investigate Porcfest opportunities
George Phillies has been looking for archival sites to transfer over to LSLA.
Looking still to connect with Joe Dean
Our site needs allure.
Can we put Libertarian Leadership from Michael Pickens on website to draw folks looking for candidate training?
MP: in process of setting up online academy.
Online videos already up, plus live trainings.
LPaction.org also has resources.
It is proper to point links in both directions to and from LibertarianLeadership.org
Can we use LpConvention.com/.org?
Will it bring more folks to our state conventions?
Contact info for John McAfee to be sent to George Phillies
We want to be a 527 organization
Can do all but explicit advocacy
Treasurer needs to file a few forms
Links to be sent to leadership group
Well Planned cadence of having meetings:
Secretary will handle agendas of coming meetings.
Submit topics to chair that will be filtered to secretary every two weeks.
Do we have a substantial donor base?
No, we need help with fundraising. Federal PAC? CMP?
Primarily training and support organiztion
Database of former members? Alumni?
Former officers? No records exist.
Motion to adjourn 1845hrs